Virtual Healthcare in times of COVID-19!
Recent developments regarding Teladoc Health
and their ability to meet your needs as quickly as possible
The COVID-19 pandemic situation is changing daily at the moment and worries us all. In these times it's especially important to get advice from a doctor, and telemedicine has never been more important than it is now. We would like to inform you here about how our telemedicine provider has adapted to the new situation and when and how you should use telemedicine.
- Since March 2020 Teladoc has added nearly 3,000 physicians to their nationwide doctor network to help with the record number of physician consults they are receiving.
- Physician consults have hit a high-water mark of 17,000 per day and Teladoc Health is planning on the number rising to 25,000 consults per day shortly.
- Waiting time into the Teladoc Health call center is now between 15 -25 minutes. A faster way of service is by way of the Teladoc Health app.
- Doctor return calls are ranging between 1-3 hours depending on time of day and that may increase further.
- Teladoc Health CANNOT provide testing authorization when it comes to COVID-19.Testing has never been part of Teladoc’s service.